How a company Vision is embraced by site teams who share a common purpose is the foundation for successful business performance.
- Teams are empowered and engaged
- Strategy and behaviours are aligned to Operational Excellence model
- Team performance and Continuous Improvement is visual and successes recognised
- The leadership team are present on the shop floor
- In the Westinghouse workshop, business leaders will share and explore how a high performing world-class company can accelerate performance achievement that is sustainable.
Expert in Operational Excellence and Lean Systems thinking. Proven track record in transformation and business performance improvement to First Time Quality and production efficiency. Commercially minded and quality-focused, strong on innovation and strategic thinking and delivery. Ability to lead large teams and communicate at all levels.
- Currently at Westinghouse Springfields Leading Operational Excellence that underpins our strategic objectives to achieve world-class manufacturing performance and challenge for recognition from the Shingo Institute. Leading site Transformation through Operational Excellence. The Operational Excellence Framework ensures complete alignment (vertical and horizontal) throughout our organisation and beyond. Flowing through our supply chain and customers to deliver the strategy, processes and behaviors that will transform our business and move ahead of the competition.
- Bringing over 30 years’ experience in Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing across the Contract Manufacturer, Automotive and Pharmaceutical sectors. Academic achievements include a Masters of Engineering following a BSc honours degree in Technology.
- Led the transformation at Ipsen Biopharm and achieved recognition from the Shingo Institute as a Bronze Medallion Recipient in Operational Excellence – the first Biotech site in the world.
- Managed the Lean Learning Academy – driving quality and revenue generation for JLR.
- Coaching/training colleagues/delegates at all levels about lean philosophies and tools to become effective lean leaders. Teaching the leadership mindset to optimise business performance by increasing customer value through improvements and reduction of waste.
- Lead the digital-first strategy, designing and implementing touch-screen team boards for group leaders to go digital, making processes simpler and leaner, taking cost out and driving quality up. Awarded the JLR Innovista award for innovative use of technology in the workplace
- Taking the lead in Integrated Production Systems (IPS ) coordination and support – setting the direction and delivering the agenda to a high consistent standard right across the plant.
- Coordinating and performing Internal/External IPS Calibrations engaging with key stakeholders. Responsible for driving consistency of the IPS activities for three plants.
- Supporting the corporate social responsibility agenda, through leading and facilitating on the Business In The Community partnership (BITC) with local schools.
Career milestone achievements.
- LCS and Cardiff University (2019): accreditation for Ipsen Lean training
- Shingo Institute (2018): Bronze Medallion Recipient for operational excellence (first Biotech site in the world).
- The Manufacturer (2016): Top 100 for Inspiring Leader and Driver of Cultural Change.
- Jaguar Landrover (2014): Innovista award for innovative use of technology in the workplace
- General Motors (2009/10): Lead Brownfield site for the Global Manufacturing System (GMS) and for Built-In Quality (BIQ)